Each participant MUST register using our online system. Two steps are required in order to complete the registration.
1: Register for the site: Username, Password and Login HERE
Do not close the browser; click link below at Step 2.
2: Register for ConferenceHERE
Make sure all fields are filled. If you are not sure, put a - (dash)
- A copy of conference program,
- Personal Conference ID
- Conference Stationaries
- Two coffee breaks and lunch on each of the 6 days
MODE OF PAYMENT
- Online Payment (Visa / Mastercard)
- Bank draft/Telegraphic transfer
One day will be set aside for excursions. There are 2 options
1. Guided tour of George Town and introduction to its multicultural history by trained guides. Two types of walks will be available. Please choose one when you register online. Payment for guided tour: RM 30 per walk per person (to be paid during the conference registration)
- Journey of Harmony (3 hours, morning of 3 August 2016)
This walk leads you to explore and experience five historical religious sites in the heritage enclave of George Town, namely the Goddess of Mercy Temple, Acheen Street Mosque, Kapitan Keling Mosque, Church of St George the Martyr, and Sri Maha Mariamman Temple. Within each religious compound, the residents socialized, obtained spiritual education, and practiced acts of welfare and charity, and found solace. The built and living environment within each compound ensures the continuity of each community’s beliefs, rituals, language, philosophy, aesthetics and values.
- Little India and the Spice Trail (2 hours, morning of 3 August 2016)
Spices have been widely used in the cooking of the various ethnic groups in Penang and the rest of Malaysia. The spice trail will introduce participants to the history of spice trade in Penang, an important port of call for ships since the eighteenth century. Participants can also learn about the various spices and their application in health, food and religious practices by visiting a traditional spice grinding shop, Tropical Spice Garden shop in the city and other spice shops and the Sri Maha Mariamman Temple located at Little India.
2. For those who wish to explore the beautiful island, we recommend the Hop-on Hop off Bus tour. Please buy your own tickets as you get on the bus. Cost RM 45 for a full day. (Any time of the day)
See http://www.myhoponhopoff.com/pg/index.php?pageid=2 for the route map and other information.